Saturday, October 29, 2011

{pound 4 pound}

We continue to be amazed by this boy. At just 65 pounds, one of the smallest kids in the league, Jaxon has shown us size does not matter when it comes to him and the football field. As the regular season ended last weekend, the Seahawks were slated for the #3 seed. Last night was the first playoff game against the Eagles. I have to admit, I get physically ill on game days. I can't eat and I have to constantly remind myself to take deep breaths. Its ridiculous.
I've been begging Jaxon to score again since I missed the last touchdown. Well, he did it and he did right in front of me. I think I was snapping the pics and crying at the same time. He made me so incredibly proud!
He also ran the ball in for the extra point right after the touchdown.
What a great game he had--making the tackles at 3 separate 4th downs, really big turning points of the game.
Even though the Seahawks were down 2 touchdowns, they pulled through, came back, and won 21-19!!!!
GO SEAHAWKS!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments :

Ang said...

That picture of him just crossing over the line with two guys down is priceless!! He has such a good feel for what's happening on the field... good peripheral and a sense of where he needs to be! Regardless of size, that's what will get him far in the game. Go Jax and Team Seahawks!! Dang, you make me want to buy a plane ticket to come out and see these games!:)

Alison Wilde said...

Way to go Mom! You got every single step he took until he reached the touchdown!! That is incredible...smallest kid, but looks like it is obviously is not stopping him at all!! Congrats to Jaxon! Looks like it was a great weekend!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Jaxon, Congratulations on your successful football season! Again, I'm so glad I was able to see one of your games. That was priceless to me.

Jennifer and Sabe, Way to go being the best supportive parents ever! You will never forget those days. Kids have a tendency to grow up pretty darn fast. You'll never regret the time spent supporting and loving your children's activities.