Monday, December 21, 2009

{jaxon's 10th bday}

Well, my little guy is 10 years old now. Its so hard to believe how fast time goes by and how you find yourself realizing you really don't have much time with your kids before they leave the house.
I've said a million times before, but Jaxon really is a special kid. He came to us with a very kind heart, a gentle way about him, and a lot of love. He is especially good to me and is always asking if I want the last creme soda or if I want the big, soft blanket for the couch instead of him :)
I truly believe he will still be giving me hugs and kisses in front of his friends when he is a teenager and I just hope that he has all the happiness in the world. I look forward to every stage of his life. He is full of so many great things.
For his birthday, we went to the local pizza/wings joint cuz this kid LOVES chicken wings. It grosses me out, but oh well. Sabe and Julia joined us with lots of fun gifts.
Sabe and Jaxon left right after dinner for Jaxon's first basketball game. Jaxon gets to play on the Seahawks, which is really cool because Sabe's mascot in high school was the Seahawks!
On Friday night, we took all the boy cousins to the movies and then they came home for cake and a slumber party. They had a really great time!

2 comments :

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Jennifer,
You're right! Jaxon really is a special boy! It looks like he had a great birthday! The only thing that would have made it better is if we could have been there!

Heather Williams said...

ditto to mom. Jen, you've always made your kids birthdays a big deal for them, i love that about you, and you really love your kids. Thanks for being a great example to me, I know you love Jax a lot! It looks like he was pretty pleased with his day.

heath