Monday, March 1, 2010

{seattle trip--low tide}

I really can't believe how insanely jealous I am of my sisters that get to live by the ocean. There really is something so calming and refreshing to live by the sea. On Sunday evening we went down to low tide, just minutes from Adam and Ashley's home. There were clams, shells, sand dollars, everywhere. On the east coast, you have to buy those items in a gift shop--so sad.
Ryan was the hero of the night as he reached in the water and grabbed the coolest purple starfish off the post of the wharf. We all screamed as though the USA hockey team won the gold--ha ha. It was freakin' cool.

here's cute little McKay that got sick---hope you are feeling better now, buddy!

and I couldn't resist 2 cute kids in the tubby...

8 comments :

Ang said...

Fun post Jen! A bit of everyone. That purple starfish was amazing. Never seen anything like it! I want to go to the ocean...

Heather Williams said...

Come Ang, Come! Loved the pics Jen!

Ashley said...

This was a day to remember! I loved seeing Camille carry all of those oyster shells in her arms that she, Holland and Izzy had gathered for you to take home... and the look on your face when you saw that orange starfish down in the water from the dock...and of course Ryan brave the freezing water for the purple treasure.

Beverly said...

Sweet siter spending time together by the ocean....doesn't get any better than this. That starfish looks like someone painted him. What a special find for the kids to remember.

Beverly said...

Sorry, I meant "sisters". This work computer has a hard time with the "s".

Laura Copeland said...

What a fun time you girls, brothers-in-law, and kids had together! These are such special times that you all will remember forever!

Rebecca Pierce said...

Beautiful pics! I can't believe that starfish, it's so vibrant and large! I never find those! Glad you had a nice visit...hopefully longer next time!

Rebecca Pierce said...

Also, I hate how I way over use exclamation points. I have a complex because Chris makes fun of me.