Friday, April 2, 2010

{spring break...part 4}

Yes, my birthday is on April Fool's Day. It was a great day this year because I had so many lovies to enjoy it with. Olivia and McKenna are pretty much party-planners, so they helped make my day extra special. I woke up to a breakfast with all my favorites---OJ, burned toast (okay, it was a little too burned), and raspberries. I received some really great cards and a jar of my favorite goodies--Junior Mints and Swedish Fish.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

And because I am an April Fools baby, I always have to play a prank on someone and that special person was Jaden. He is long overdue for a cell phone and I wish I could treat him to one, so the closest thing was to tease him with the fact that I had gotten him one. It was so mean, but so funny. His facial expressions were priceless:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

We spent the day at the National Zoo. It was a beautiful day and the trees were in full bloom. To say it was crowded would a major understatement. It was fun and we all got our walking in for the day. I enjoyed people-watching way more than I liked looking at the animals. Far stranger looking creatures here in the nation's capitol than in those cages.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

After the zoo, we met Sabe at Olive Garden and then went home and had cake. Thank you Lake family for making my day so great!!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments :

Alison Wilde said...

Jen, I remember you every year on April 1st--it is an easy b-day to remember! So you and I have the greatest thing in common----sweedish fish and junior mints are my FAVORITE!!! Let's party together!!! Love you Jen

Dave & Kami said...

The look on Jaden's face is priceless. You are soo mean! hope you had a great day cute friend!!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

I'm so glad that you had a special day! You are always doing for others, so this was a great opportunity for so many to think of you for your birthday! Your cherry blossom pictures brought back memories of when we came to D.C. to visit you when the blossoms were in full bloom--so beautiful!!!