Monday, February 25, 2008

{banana chocolate chip cookies}


don't be fooled...i've baked more in the month of Feb. than i did all last year!  i cannot think of a time that these cookies were NOT in my Grandma Garner's cookie jar?  I just loved them when i was young, more than any other cookie.  so if you're like me, and always have bananas sitting on my counter...this is a great recipe that is a little twist to banana bread.
here's the recipe:

Sift together:
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp. soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix together:
2 small mashed bananas
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Add and beat until light and fluffy:
2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs

Put into bowl, add gradually the dry ingredients.  Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.  Greased baking sheet.  Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

ENJOY!!!!
 

3 comments :

Dion Seneca said...

yep...your site looks much better now!

I can't wait to try these. I am always looking for good recipes to make with the brown bananas.

As for hemangiomas, Scarlett's were mostly quite small. All but two have completely disappeared. She has a scar about the size of a penny on her calf that will never go away, and there is one on her torso that keeps shrinking.

I have to agree that Lyla is a little doll! I think that is why recently I have really gotten the bug to learn more about photography. I don't plan on having any more, and I want to have beautiful pictures of my kids. If only I were as good as you...

Philip and Melissa said...

All right Jen...so first off, congrats on the new toy. D3's I've heard are unbelievable. Second, I'm ready to come to YOUR photography workshop. I'm serious! I'm so obsessed with photography right now and I'm loving it (and there aren't a lot of photographers around here in Boise). So let me know when you're putting on your workshop :-)

Kara May said...

You lucky girl!! If I was a Nikon girl I'd do the same. I've actually thought about having a little of each - a bit of Canon and a bit of Nikon. Got to work on that...
Congrats on your new purchase!