Wednesday, December 3, 2008

{jaxon turns 9}

Jaxon turned 9 on November 17 and what a special boy he is.  I would never have guessed I could love a little boy this much.   I remember so well the day that I found out that I was having a boy....not another girl.  My brain had to switch directions.  What a perfect and sweet baby he was. He weighed just over 5 pounds and is still trying to grow....one day he will not be the shortest kid in the class! (I tease Sabe all the time that our kids inherited HIS height)  
Anyways, Jaxon has continued to be a very caring, gentle, and obedient child.  He is such a great big brother to Izzy and there is not other sight that I love more than when she hugs him around his waist.  So cute.
Jaxon gets a lot of attention at the skate part with his half-pipe skills and we hope that he continues to love skateboarding.  Sabe built him his own half-pipe in the barn and we keep invisioning Jax and all of his teenage-skater-rat-friends hanging out there listening to the Beastie Boys.   He loves most every other sport.  He is so great at soccer and is playing his first season of basketball this fall.  
I tuck him into bed every night and thank him for being such a good kid.  I love you, Jaxon!
Jaxon requested that I bring donuts--not cupcakes--to his classmates at school.  So I spent $25 on some really fresh glazed donuts :)   Izzy cried her eyes out as we left Jaxon behind at school. The night of his birthday, Sabe came home with food for the requested meal...Chicken Fettucine and the added surprise of a Spongebob cake.  It was fun celebrating this special day as a family.
The following weekend, he had his party with all of his close friends at the rec center.  They swam and then had pizza and cake.  BOYS ARE CRAZY at this age!
He got some really great gifts and especially loves his new skateboard!!!

































2 comments :

Camille said...

Izzy is so animated, I love it. And Jaxon is the best little guy around. He was so sweet to Holland this summer. So glad you are in my life. You and all of you--your kids and Sabe so he and Russell can be buddies.

Heather Williams said...

Jen, I hope I'm as fun a mom as you are someday.