Thursday, June 24, 2010

{father's day}

This year was a little different for me since I wasn't able to talk with my own dad. He and my mom were on an exciting Baltic Cruise. The day was not complete for me.
I have never questioned for one minute that I have the most wonderful and loving father. I consider myself the luckiest girl on the planet to have a dad like mine. He is one of the most generous, most honest, most hard-working people I know. I have so many tender memories with my dad, from always wanting to sit on his lap to seeing him cuddle my own babies.
Dad, I love you more than you will ever know.
Since we have church super early in the morning, there wasn't much time for an extravagant breakfast in bed, so this is what Sabey got:
Photobucket
The breakfast of champions, Diet Coke and all

After church, we went to Magnolia's--one of our all-time favorite restaurants and enjoyed one of the most delicious brunches I've ever had. Good, good food. The kids were in heaven, especially with the dessert bar with cannolis, chocolate-dipped strawberries, creme brulee, etc. It was so much fun and it made it even more fun that we were all dressed up in our Sunday clothes. We might just have to do that every year!
We all got to relax and take our Sunday naps before we headed to the farm for a BBQ. We did it a little red-neck style, as it was about 95 degrees and we were standing around a campfire cooking hot dogs. But you know what? No matter what we do as a family, its always fun and always memorable. The kids love their cousins more than anything and I love that Sabe has his brothers and I have such great sister-in-laws.
I love this card that Sabe picked out for his dad:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
thanks, Taylor, for the new bike!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments :

Alison Wilde said...

I LOVE that you guys are so close with both sides of your family. Your kids will have the greatest memories of cousins--just like we did (: I picture us like Sabe's family one day with all those boys. Hope our daughter-in-laws get along as well as you guys do!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Father's Day looks like it was special for Sabe and for all of you!!! Sabe is really an awesome father to his children and wonderful husband to you. Doug and I appreciate him so much as a son-in-law and the way he takes care of his responsibilities in every aspect.