Friday, June 18, 2010

{HOORAY!! last day of school}

What a relief....kind of. I think its bittersweet when the last day of school comes. Of course, there is no more homework, no more waking up at 6:30, no more packing lunches {my least favorite part}, no more catching the bus, etc.
But what are we supposed to do with these kids? They've been gone for 8 hours everyday for the last 9 months and I haven't had to entertain them...until now. I now know what it must have been like for her to have all 7 of her children out of school. A slave to the waterpark, playdates, picnics. Well, it all actually sounds like a lot of fun to me. My kids are all at such great ages, so I really do look forward all the adventures and fun vacations this summer has to bring.

This was the first full year Jaxon has been at Lovettsville Elementary and by far, the BEST YEAR EVER. This group of boys that are his best friends are such great kids in every way. They are like brothers--they look after each other, support each other, and just love being together.
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Mrs. Moore is not only the #1 teacher of the century, but she has been like a mother to Jaxon. She is so kind, patient, and loving. We are so lucky that he has been able to spend his days being taught by a woman like her. She has become a dear friend to me and Jaxon is having a hard letting go of her and 4th grade. She will leave a lasting impression on him for the rest of his life.
Photobucket
This is Joe. He moved from New York this school year with his parents and 6 brothers. I met him when we made gingerbread houses at school. He sat next to me and it only took a few moments before I noticed he was special. He is the kind of kid that thinks of everyone before himself. Its amazing to me that a young boy like this can have such amazing qualities and share them with his peers. He received the "Citizenship Award" this year and there is no doubt that this boy stands for respect, selflessness, and love.
Photobucket

Izzy has gotten lots of attention from all these cute boys this year. She is soooo incredibly shy when we visit the school, but the moment we get home, she can't stop talking about them...."I love Haden. Can Matthew sleep over? "
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Congrats to Jaxon for an awesome school year!! We are so proud of you, buddy.
Photobucket

2 comments :

Ang said...

Jaxon seriously is the sweetest little guy. I love the picture of him with his teacher and the one with Izzy. Such a good kid. I'm so happy he has such good friends. Very nice of YOU to take all those fun pictures on the last day of school... what a fun way to remember 4th grade.

Shannon said...

Love this post!

Shannon