Thursday, February 11, 2010

{B-O-R-E-D}

I'm sure most of you have in the west have seen the news coverage about our east coast storms. Last weekend, it snowed 30 inches. My kids had already missed the Monday, Wednesday, and Friday the week before due to other snowfalls. Because of the the big storm, school has been cancelled all week. On Tuesday night, we got another 12 inches and woke up to a total blizzard, outside was a total white-out. The snow drifts are 8 ft. in some places. All the major roads have been closed since yesterday and we still cannot leave the house, as we are waiting for a snow plow to come thru. Sabe is officially out of caffeine and the rest of us are going crazy. Too much tv, internet, and food. We need to get out!
I will spare you snow pictures, quite frankly, I can't stand to look at it anymore. We will all remember this storm with or without photos :)
Jaxon hit the wall yesterday and was so bored that he hopped on the treadmill in the basement and ran for 2 miles. I wish I could say the same thing for myself....

8 comments :

Six Girls and One Boy said...

That drifted snow reminds me of growing up in Eastern Idaho! Way to go, Jaxon, for getting rid of some of your energy!!

West Family said...

I would do anything to have my husband snowed in with us. Of course with the amount of time the spends at the hospital he would probably get snowed in there and have to stay at work for days and days. I looked at the diaper bags for the photography you are going to be doing and I love the bags! They are so cute, how do I convince Kris I need one...

Heather Williams said...

That is nuts how much snow you guys have had. That pic of Iz by the door is awesome though, I'm glad you took it so we can really get an idea of how much snow there really is. I hope you guys have enough food storage, that's kindof scary. Hope it melts soon for you guys.

Ang said...

I thought you were going to say something about FNL's!! Ahh the memories of being trapped inside your home with little food, no caffeine, etc. You'll never forget this winter that's for sure! Sorry you have to go through this.

Laura Copeland said...

Those pictures of the snow remind me of a weekend we stayed with John and Alison and couldn't get home for two or three days later because of the snow. It really can come down there! And like you said, we were all going stir-crazy, but we tried to get out and found out that was a real mistake and just went back home again! We wish you well!

The Great Lakes of NY said...

Wow! I can't believe that first picture!! Wish we could have been snowed in with you guys! I'm sure that would have made Sabe's day!! Way to go Jaxon, cutie boy. We miss you guys and can't wait for Spring Break. NO SNOW.

Tausha said...

I think you guys got all our snow. We have had hardly any this year, just rain!!

Hillary Garner said...

I'm with Tausha...we could use some of that snow...my tulips are coming up!